Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year - No Thanks.

Dear Marc, how are you and what are you doing today, on this day, the worst day of the year?
I'm conservative (though not politically). I don't like change. I don't see the need to change year. Why not just keep counting the days?
2007. No sir, I don't like it.

My New Year's have always been marked by anxiety, cold, a broken heart, too little to eat and too much to drink.

I hate New Year's.
Yours, in curlers and tears

-e
ps. Feel free to let me know about all your amazing plans for New Year's. I like to wallow in a misery fueled by self-pity and jealousy. Then in the end, I come to my senses and give money to people who have more to worry about than being cold as the clock strikes 12. Vanity. It's the fastest route to charity.

5 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Hope your 2007 is amazing. And I hope it's the year that Marck writes you a really long, chatty and intimate letter and starts sending your free samples in just your size every month.

daddylikeyblog said...

Wow! I hate New Years too! Whenever I say that to people they gasp and act like I'm a blonde and mysteriously perky reincarnate of Ebenezer Scrooge. But still, I hope 2007 is good to you and thank you so much for everything you did for me in the lovely 2006 (may she rest in peace).

Anonymous said...

Don't be afraid of numbers.

Anonymous said...

i never liked the new year either. but i do hope yours is more lovely than the last.

Anonymous said...

Very humerous letters- I enjoyed reading them!