Friday, December 08, 2006

Plain Jane














Dear Marc. did you see that beauooootiful Anne Hathaway is lined up to play Jane Austen? It will be interesting to see the directors mouse her up again, as our beloved Jane was famously plain. It would be so great to see a non-pretty actress get the part, cause with lack of looks, one has to try harder.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say and say that if Jane Austen would have looked like Anne Hathaway, there would have been no books left for us to read. I bless heaven for Jane's combination of common face and uncommon talent.

As a casting director, I would cast myself ! I have the same tired eyes, the same beak-like nose, the same little mouth trying, but often failing to be nice.

But as a casting director I would try even harder to get Angelina Jolie to play Anna Karenina. That's a movie I want to see. With Reese Witherspoon as Dolly. But should play Vronsky?
Any ideas?

love
-e

4 comments:

Sarah said...

celebs can't wear bras on underwear can they

Anonymous said...

anne hathaway is the boringest person alive. you would be a much better jane, plus the added attraction of a swedish accent.

and GENIUS casting on anna k!!!

Anonymous said...

huge boobs

Unknown said...

man, put a bra on. so much for being a role model. :( seeing this is disappointing.