Thursday, December 22, 2005

Lost and found

Dear Marc, I know you're great at bags. I find it hard to pick a bag. I always feel I have to buy the bag of my life. And until I do, I stick to plastic bags and tired, cheap old bags.

When people talk about how important the handbag is to women; I feel I must belong to a third sex. There are bags in the world, but they're not important to me. I prefer big pockets.

Not that I don't need a decent bag. To celebrate Christmas and the new year, I decided to make a fresh start. I emptied my bag on the kitchen table. This is just some of the stuff I found in my bag:

*Agenda
*Wallet
*Pens
*Receipts
*A folding rule
*One glove with small animals on it
*Baby food
*A plastic goat (might come in handy)
*A rattling egg









*A cookie cutter to make festive, seasonal cookies









* A toothbrush holder. The brush was missing.










* A very small cardigan, belonging to Pippi Longstocking's monkey friend, herr Nilsson









When I got this far, it suddenly became very clear to me that the mess in my bag was not my fault, but the doings of this guy:















Could you recommend a specific bag to hold these treasured belongings?

Good night, love
-e

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that your little conehead dwarf has a strange friend in my handbag...

Anonymous said...

No comments on this specific post, just a big hug and thanks for your wonderful blog. Used to teach English comp and yours is some of the best I've read - and I read alot during the day.

Were you to require paid subscriptions to your blog, I would be at the head of the line. Very big compliment from a hopeless cheapskate.
Foghat

Anonymous said...

Better keep that dwarf locked up or he´ll start a riot! And excellent postings, by the way.

Anonymous said...

great post...your style of writing is so great. love the little egghead guy!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! I´ve seen that little guy around my bag to. MJ -send E a bag for new years!

Anonymous said...

lol! great post! i found your site via daddylikey...... stop by my blog one day, i'm going to share what's in my purse soon...

sioux said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sioux said...

so cute. :)