Sunday, December 04, 2005

Just seal the deal

Dear Marc, have you ever lived in suburbia? I'm moving there in spring, despite the fact that I think I'm a city person. I love the city. I love the service minded spirit of my 7/11. I like walking shoulder to shoulder with people I don't know or even recognize. I appreciate the choice I have to choose between take out and my own cooking. I like what the city life has to offer, like museums, restaurants, cafes, shops and the happy laughter of drunks who have for once forgotten the cold.

I'm moving to a place where none of this exists. Instead I hear there are deer, squirrels and flowers. Which is lovely, I know. So pretty and great for the kids. As we were getting close to sealing the deal, I woke up at 4 am, in a sweat, panicking over our decision. It's such a priviliged person's problem, I know, but I was still stressed out. I waited a few hours and called my brother.

me: I can't do this. I can't move. I'm a social person.

my brother: sure you are. you spend all day socializing. by way of your computer.
.......
can't argue with reason. so we are moving. it will be fine.
speaking of sealing the deal, I told my boyfriend about talking to my brother, calling the conversation a real "seal dealer", to which he replied "how much for this fine, pretty gray seal with its nice layer of fat? do I hear 5 dollars? 10?".

just letting you in on the conversations of my life. what are you and your friends talking about?
let me know, don't leave anything out

love
.e

No comments: