Saturday, August 05, 2006

Too good to be true



















Dear Marc, I fished up a sleeve from the bag. Ramones MANIA, a great yellow compilation. The memories come back, hard, my feet start tapping. This used to be my workout album. I skipped rope to Beat on the brat and Blietzkrieg Bop. I jumped mysyelf silly to The KKK took my baby away and Rock 'n ' Roll High School. I did pushups to Howling at the moon. And then a nice little set of crunches to Needles and Pins, that fine, fine love song. Some people miss out on the romantic side of Ramones. I was never one of them.

Just take this line from 7-11 (not from Mania):

She was standing by the Space Invaders So i said can I see you later

She's busy playing, and like a gentleman, he respects that. She makes an impression, he waits her out. They find extraordinary love in 7-11, the most ordinary of ordinary places. Then she dies and he mourns her, forever. It's almost Shakespearian.

When I was 16, I was moody and blue like other teenagers, but my room was always a comfort to come back to. My room was a fun fest. I had a drum set in one corner, a trampoline in the other and on my table I had a big, nice knitting machine.

That was my room. If I saw that room in a teen movie I wouldn't have believed it.

I'm letting Vanja have a pre-taste of room magic.














Tomorrow, a different record.
Love
.-e

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back on a regular basis.

Concerning the drum kit, have you ever seen "The Tao of Steve" ? The female lead is introduced while playing the drums. It's a fantastic, funny movie, so I recommend it if you haven't.

Anonymous said...

Awww...Vanja has a fuschia tent in her closet. How cool is that?!

Unknown said...

Adorable.

Anonymous said...

e, have you ever taken a Meyers-Briggs? If I guess your type would you confirm or deny?

emi guner said...

No, GrapeApe, I haven't. But go ahead, perhaps I can confirm or deny anyway?

la femme said...

Vanja's room rocks.

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm going to start with INFP->
http://www.typelogic.com/infp.html

Anonymous said...

Maybe a better description:
http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html

Anonymous said...

what a amazing sight...dreams of being a princess... it was my first profession pic...

love

Denise