Friday, August 11, 2006

Hello, computer?
















Dear Marc, you may wonder why you get so few postings these days. Well, let me tell you:

My computer only starts if I press start with the cord in, then remove the battery during start-up, while holding the lap top upside down.

As I proceed to work, turning the lap top the right way, I often accidentally disconnect the power and everything I've typed gets lost. To cheer me up when computer rage hits, my Mac hums a fine tune coming from a spinning library CD, permanently stuck in the DVD-slit. Can I write "slit"? Is that offensive? Sorry! My computer made me this way.

Will buy new lap top tomorrow. Throwing logic to the wind, I will get another Mac. They may break down, they may stall, they may shed little silver screws (can I write "silver screw"?) around like dandruff but they have personality. This very computer refused to co-operate at all until I brought out a regular hammer and forcefully banged my computer a few times.


Don't try that on your best friend, even if I did.
love
-e

ps. Can I write "banged my computer?" Could I be suffering from computer induced Tourettes? I know I'm not the only one.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

B.U.I?

Ziz said...

Emi said:
"They may break down, they may stall, they may shed little silver screws around like dandruff but they have personality"

The new ones have a much worse problem: HEAT!

A friend just got a MacBook Pro, and you literally can't touch the back side (towards the display), top and bottom. We will operate on it next week...

emi guner said...

OH DIMITRIS! I just bought a MacBook Pro! What to do?

Lorraine said...

Dear Emi,

Just don't touch your laptop's bottom. It's sort of inappropriate anyhow.

Congratulations on being Blog of the Day--only the people who read you regularly will know how funny it is that you star under the heading "Computers" and not, say "Swedish Oddities."

Ziz said...

Emi said:
"OH DIMITRIS! I just bought a MacBook Pro! What to do?"

Don't use it on your lap!!!

sara kmp said...

Also, when it's not charging the battery is Not that bad actually...the new versions released are better on this then older once!


//Sara - dedicated reader, with new MacBook Pro, on a pillow in my lap!

sara kmp said...

...some time later...

I take it all back, still with lap-top on pillow in the lap - but now sweating...Dimitris was correct, it's so hot in the back towards the screen, its like scarry!

I guess I have juat used it with the powerline hooked up in the lap before...

Anyway, the pillow thing works though... :)

kelly said...

funny. I use the pillow method too ... works like a charm. :-)

Anonymous said...

I just love the way you write. Keep it coming. Brilliant idea too with this blog... Letters to Marc Jacobs. Catchy.

Anonymous said...

nu har jag hittat din blogg. trevlig läsning. nagot förundrad över hur du kan vara sa lik Eva Longoria pa bild. spooky.