Monday, May 15, 2006

Valley of the dolls















Dear Marc, since you are a material man, or at least a man who knows a lot about fabric and materials, I just wanted to write you to say that there's a new doll in our house and according to her 4-year old owner, the doll's name is "Wool". And that it the longest sentence I have ever written. I like "Wool". It's cryptic and short and the sound is pretty too. Especially in Swedish. Ull.

Meanwhile, the 4-year old's other doll, the limb-lacking doll in the picture above, goes by the more common Margaret. I want you to know that she got this name after losing her head and legs. Margaret. I like it. It's kind of like Claire, another name I've always liked. Perhaps because it's a fat girl's name. How much did you love Judd Nelson? More than I did? I think not.

Love
-e

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi e -

Are those two candles-in-egg-cups-with -feline-faces next to Limb-free Margaret? Is that you new view? So many questions, so much time today.

Unknown said...

You've been busy posting! I couldn't believe how many I'd missed!

Glad you're back. :)

Anonymous said...

happy to see your new view (i guess).are you enjoying your new place? are u walking in the forest close to it?
love from cold brazil

Denise

emi guner said...

It's kind of the new view, but that pic was taken before all the leaves burst into view. Lost the camera charging cord somewhere. Will show you more later.